Tuesday, June 28, 2011

2nd Part of Wk2

I'm really bad with the days and since my last post was the end of week one we'll just call this the end of week two because it has been a while.....

So in the last few days to be honest, not much has been done in the lab. My "advisor" Tiffany Tong went to her hometown Milwaukee for her high-school reunion and my PI is in Nigeria getting funding for his research. So for the past few days, (friday included) I have just been mixing solutions in preparation for creating my actual lab samples on Thursday. Everything is really expensive so I can't treat it like mixing gatorade in water and go for saturation; I have to be extra conscious to dilute all my practice runs by a factor of 10^-1 or 10^-2 before spin coating it on the glass slides.

Seems like tomorrow is a big day for me because I will be attending a SEM training session bright and early tomorrow morning (9:30 pm) and probably working until 7pm tomorrow night. After the class, I have to finish making P3HT:PCBM:Ti02 active layers on glass slides, meet with my PI to finalize project details and meet with my adviser to coordinate schedules for the coming weeks. I doubt I will be able to play for Peddie in the Summer League tomorrow and that hurts, but there are more to come.

Ala Viva

No comments:

Post a Comment