Friday, June 24, 2011

End of Second Week - Kate Wang

Ok so this is the actual post that I'm supposed to post today.

As soon as I showed up to work today I was informed that there had been a water leak in Rob's lab that had spread throughout the building into the other labs and rooms as well. By the time I got there, most of the damage was repaired so it wasn't too eventful. Apparently Rob is the official "troublemaker" of the company since he has broken numerous things and also burnt polymer once without realizing it. I guess this makes sense since he is also the youngest employee (other than me but I'm not technically working for them).

Other than that, my week has been pretty un-eventful as I am still running tests on the polymers .

Oh, this might be interesting. So we order one of the proteins that I test from this company called US Biological and one day when Matt was ordering the protein, they suddenly asked if we would also like a jar of salsa and Matt replies, "what?" and so he agreed to try a jar of salsa and it was sitting in the fridge for quite a while since nobody brought in chips. But finally, yesterday someone did and it turned out to actually be quite delicious. Although, the ingredient list was very funny it said things like "tomatoes: not as many as peppers" " peppers: too many to count" and other funny things like that. Oh and it also mentioned that it was not to be tested on humans, etc. etc.

So yeah, that's it for me for this week. Please excuse my terrible grammar, but it's late and I'm tired. 

No comments:

Post a Comment