Monday, June 20, 2011

End of Second Week- GR


This post is going to be about the end of my second week,  even though it’s a little bit late…

Reflecting on the end of my second week in the lab, I can say that I'm really starting to get a hang of how the lab works.  I'm getting used to the complicated lingo, figuring out how to do reactions, and just altogether learning a ton.  I have set up Gewald reactions, hydrolyses, neutralizations, etc. and I'm able to analyze the products. Over the next few weeks we will be continuing to make five grams of the final product and I also just found out that we are going to be making small scale amounts of a couple of other variations of the chemical to be tested.

I'm also learning a lot about Penn and West Philly as well.  I've walked around most of campus and have been asking Kevin (the undergrad in the lab) a great deal of questions about the college.  He's also been great at helping me find the best places to eat lunch.  Tomorrow morning, I'll be taking a tour of the school as Carlo has meetings all morning and I won't have to come in until the afternoon.  My experience here has made me want to come to Penn even more than I already did (which I didn't think was possible).

Overall, I'm really liking working in the lab.  Everyone is really helpful and it's been a great two weeks!

Thanks,
GabRoss

No comments:

Post a Comment