Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Third Week, Post 1_GR


I can't believe that its already about half way through my time in the lab. It's going by so fast!  Things are basically the same as they've been for the past two weeks.  I keep getting more and more independent in the lab and everything is going well, save for a few broken pipettes and messed up TLC plates, of course.   

On a different note, I'm really liking the relaxed environment of the lab.  It's not at all what I thought it would be.  For example, one day, I came in at around 9:30, and one of the researchers said to me: "Why did you get here so early?"  Then I realized that the lab is pretty much dead until around 10am.  Everyone basically just makes their own hours because as long as your project gets finished in a timely manner, it doesn’t matter what time of day you do it! It's a pretty good system.

Also, I found out today that I will most likely be going over to the med school for a few days either next week or the week after to see how they will be testing one of the compounds that we are making in my lab, which should be pretty cool.

Thanks,
GabRoss

No comments:

Post a Comment