Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Timi Opeke (2nd Part of WK 1)

I started midweek last week, so this is officially the second part of my "first week" in the lab. Because my "advisor" has been working on other projects and running errands for the past week, we have met on Friday, Monday, and today.

Things are pretty good so far and I can't complain. Today was my first day working mostly independently in the lab, and was practically my final test before my "advisor" went to Wisconsin for her high school reunion. All in all thing went well, and with some help from a visiting researcher, I was able to get all the work done before my summer league basketball game at 7PM.

Although I would love as much help as I can possibly get in the lab, people are treating me like a visiting researcher so I am being pushed to do a lot of work in the lab independently (but mostly supervised). This is great because there is more pressure to be attentive to detail and take pride in your own work, but now I understand why everyone flocks for free coffee at 4.

Nonetheless it still is exciting and I'm happy to go into the lab even just to clean. Tomorrow I'll be going in to teach a post grad how to create her own active layer so I'm pretty suped. Professor Timi Opeke has a nice ring to it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment