Friday, July 1, 2011

Middle of Third Week - Kate Wang


So I'm still doing the exact same stuff. Although we did have a meeting today so now I finally understand what I am actually doing and all the numbers finally make sense. Also, I got really good numbers today. Turns out that the numbers today were very important since both Tom and Vince came and asked if I was done. Actually, yesterday I finished so early that I had two hours at the end where I just didn't know what to do. I was talking to Rob and apparently he didn't have much to do either. In the end, I asked Matt if he had anything for me to do so I spent the last hour or so washing dirty glassware. But that's okay with me.

Anyway. Also, Tom is already starting to help me prep for the presentation that isn't taking place until autumn but I am grateful since this helps me figure out if I have any questions I need to ask or if there is anything I need to do extra research on. Which there is a lot of actually, since all this stuff is organic chemistry which I haven't learned a lot about and when I was reading articles for the EXP class, it was mostly about the medical side, not so much about the research and development of it which is what I'm working in now. Either way, this can be my crash course in organic chem and hopefully it'll help me in the autumn when I take my actual organic chem class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment