Friday, July 8, 2011

End of Week 4 - Kate Wang

I kind of had a bad day yesterday. I kept dropping things, spilling things, and then having to redo them, etc. And then the worst of all was when I forgot to save each of the samples after I put them through the UV spec so my entire day’s work basically went to waster. At the end of the day I had two full hours where I had nothing to do so for the last hour of so I just hung out with Simon and Anthony and later Rob. And Simon wanted me to tell his famous turtle joke on here so here goes:

Why did the turtle cross the free way??

Take the “F” out of Free and the “F” out of way.

Punch line: there is no “F” in way! (There is no effing way..)

Also Simon was trying to teach me how to spin the pen around my thumb and the two times that I did manage to do it, none of them were watching so they didn’t believe me.

Today, I re-ran the trial that I forgot to save yesterday, only to find out that I’d made the stock solution wrong. Sometimes I make 250mL and sometimes only 200mL and I’d accidentally put the wrong amount of the solute into the 250mL volumetric flask. Other than that, I broke something again today, it was only one of the small flasks I use for the assays but this means that I am up to five broken things in four weeks. Which really isn’t that bad compared to Rob’s record but still. It makes me feel really clumsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment