Friday, July 8, 2011

Pat Quinn - Day 20

Today my time was spent listening in on the group meeting and organizing some of the photos I have taken. Today's meeting went over some lab maintenance and then two graduate students presented what they are currently working on. One graduate student is working on to see if tumors proliferate in certain areas of the mammary gland and if so, what in the micro-environment causes this. The other student is working on the cell signaling involved in Epithelial-Mesenchymal Transition, a process in which epithelial cells lose cell adhesion and have increased cell motility. After the meeting I started my anti-alpha smooth muscle actin staining which will help show some developmental features of the lungs during day 6 and day 7. After that I started to collect some pictures from the microscope computer and moved them to my own. It took me some time to figure out that I had to convert the images into the jpg format in order for my computer to be able to open the document. Eventually I was able to get the pictures into photoshop where I played with the lighting in order to get the best pictures. I then arranged the pictures on PowerPoint and then saved the whole slide as a new picture. I now have one picture for my new poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment