Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Half of Week 5 - Kate Wang

I can't believe it's already the last week. I only have two more days!! This is absurd. So what happened in the past three days. On Monday I re-ran one of the trials that seemed funky only to come up with an even funkier result. After that, I had a chat with Dr. Chan that went on for about an hour and a half. It was a mix between a crash course biology, chemistry, organic chemistry, polymers, and medical terms. It was really productive though and I learnt a lot. We went over what I'd done so far and about the trials and controls and possibilities for my poster and presentation.

And then on Tuesday (yesterday) I re-ran another polymer that I'd messed up on (twice) and I think my final numbers were okay but a little low. Oh well, and then at the end of the day, I didn't know if I was supposed to present to Dr. Chan again so I ended up hanging out with Rob instead. 

Today, I ran another new polymer and got negative numbers :( I think for a little while in the middle of my work, I kept getting negative numbers but then after a while I started getting positive numbers which was really good only to ruin my streak and go back to negative numbers. Hopefully my numbers tomorrow will be positive. 

Tomorrow I'm bringing the cookiebrownie that I finally got around to making and I'm also bringing in my camera to get pictures for presentation and poster etc. and I believe that is it.

No comments:

Post a Comment