Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Half of Week 4 - Kate Wang

I know I wrote a post just yesterday but here’s another one for week 4. I can’t believe this is already my second to last week! Time is going by way too quickly. Today I finished tests for the data that I will be presenting as part of my research. Over the past three working days I tested three different sized polymers for their absorbance of a macromolecule. I got good results for all of them and found a visible trend which is really good.

Other than that, not much has happened since I last posted. I still haven’t brought in the cookie brownie since I don’t have a stick of butter lying around in the room. 

Oh, Dr. Peretz visited yesterday morning and I showed her around the lab. One of the guys who work in production, Simon, told me he thought Dr. Peretz was very pretty and asked me if she was married.  I told him that yes she was and I would pass on the message so if you are reading this now, Dr. Peretz, Simon (the Asian you met in the lab along with Rob) thinks you are very pretty. He actually reminded me about it again today at lunch and asked if Dr. Peretz had asked about him. I told him I hadn’t talked to Dr. Peretz since. I think you have an admirer, Dr. Peretz.

Right now, I’m just digging for stuff to do since I finished my assays and I have about one and a half hours left till I can leave. Although technically I could leave now but that means I’d have to work extra some other day to make sure I can fill the 200 hours required. So, instead I decided to write this post. Another thing I could be doing is working on the poster that we’ll be presenting in the fall but I already changed everything that I could on it other than the data. And I don’t particularly want to keep reading the books Tom and Rob gave me since I’m at the point where they don’t make much sense anymore so I guess I’ll just have to find something else to occupy my time with. In the end, Rob told me to start putting my data into charts and graphs.  

No comments:

Post a Comment