Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Pat Quinn - Day 17

The lab has become over crowed now and I can no longer go into the office due to the amount of space. Myself and the undergraduates are now moved downstairs to an undergraduate lounge. When I spend my time there it is    to research the proteins I am working with and to start organizing my information so that it is presentable. Today I will finish up staining for the lCAM proteins which are proteins found on epithelial cells. I have already used the epifluorescent microscope to look at some of the lungs. Tomorrow I will be taking pictures of the lungs. Tomorrow I will also begin staining for alpha smooth muscle actin, which are the proteins used for contraction in smooth muscle. This staining will also give a better look at the structure of the lungs. I hope to have this finished this week. Then for the remainder of my time here I will be staining for proteins that were either found in other animals or other organs and see if they can be found in the lungs of chicken. 

No comments:

Post a Comment