Monday, July 11, 2011

Santo fifth week and part of sixth week

Sorry for not posting for a long time..
Just a summary since the start of my first week till now: finished the project my PI gave me in the first three weeks, then she assigned me the second project to help someone else in the lab to collect analyze data of another species Junonia Coenia, and I finished that project within a week, so the professor gave me the third project which goes back to Bicyclus Anynana and collect some basic information of the butterflies bred in normal environment without injection of any hormone. And fifth week passed, I am almost done with this project as well. Since I am here for another week I still go help out in the lab and the inesectary.
Tomorrow I am going to the lab again to help out and need to teach another post graduate to use a software called Image J. I've been using this software in the past few weeks to measure the pupil area on the butterfly wings so I am becoming familiar with it. Besides helping the post graduate I still need to finish the third project, the data collecting and analyzing is done, all I need to do is to put them into a table. I do not think my PI will give me another project after this one since I will only stay there for another 2 days and it's my sixth week already. I might just write some instructions for the software I used since my PI usually found it hard to teach me how to use those, they don't have instructions or user guides online either.
So that's all I have for my fifth week and sixth week plan. Actually if possible I might still wannt to come back next year, this lab is pretty fun.

Santoooooooooo

No comments:

Post a Comment