Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Week 2 Post 1 - Alec Mitchell

So I'll start with a summary of what's happened this week:

Monday- Tested some spun films for thickness, and saw a full solar cell (with a film I spun) tested. Saw the CdSe dots I helped make cleaned.
Tuesday- Helped another graduate student with some work (mostly taking UV-Vis spectrums) and went to a presentation by another graduate student and two undergraduates.
Today- Did some NMR testing with Zak and ran a reaction with an undergrad. The glove box was finally constructed today, so I will probably start my project by the end of the week.

When written out, it does not seem like I've done much over the last few days, but I've really done so much! A lot of the reactions take time, but as long as you have the patience, they can be really cool.

I'm still having a great time working in the Owen lab!
-Alec

No comments:

Post a Comment