Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Sleep is for the weak (Rotimi Opeke Week 7?)

Hey guys!

This is my last week! I can't describe how happy I am to be finishing up this week and heading back home to Nigeria. All though I have lots of work to do when I get back home (college applications, Convocation speech, summer homework and SAT prep), I'll finally be reunited with family....but until then....

This week I have finally started the analysis. For 10 hours on  Monday, I prepared my own organic solar devices for the first time and was able to perform electrical characteristics (I finished it all before midnight!). My devices worked perfectly and gave me the data that I need, so I am really proud of that and it makes my job in analysis a lot easier. Although the graphic extensions in Excel leave much to be desired, I can get enough from the program to analyze my results fully (Power Conversion Efficiencies, Fill Factor, etc.)

Today was my morphology testing and it was a much shorter day. I prepared my mini-samples for the AFM (Atomic Force Microscope) in the advanced instrument building and have been measuring the surface geography of these samples for the past 2 hours. The scanning is really slow and takes about 15 minutes for each image, but I don't mind staying a bit later to get all of my work out of the way.

Tomorrow looks like it is going to a day full of teaching as I need to pass on my knowledge to a visiting researcher before I leave the US on Saturday. Because I developed all of my methods by myself and have used very little help from established literature, I need to pass on my knowledge to another person in the lab to continue as I prepare to go back to school.

Ala Viva.

No comments:

Post a Comment