Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Long Overdue Part 1 (6th Week)---- Rotimi Opeke

My 1 1/2 week absence from the blog has been unexcusable, but things have been very busy in the past 2 weeks and I hope you can excuse my lack of journal entries.

After a weekend away from NJ with the Peddie Basketball team in Albright, PA, the push began to start recording my experimental data. I had met with Dr. Soboyejo on Friday of the previous week, right before he had left for Nigeria and he had asked me to take x-ray diffractions of the samples I was making. This was a bit of a surprise to me, but he claimed that recording chemical and structure composition were the two most "important" facets of my data. Unfortunately on Monday, July 11, the graduate students that were part of his research group informed me that I wouldn't be able to take X-Ray diffractions with the samples I was using.

Now what. My project had changed multiple times since I had come to the lab, and right when I was ready to begin, there was a problem. Dr. Soboyejo had long gone to Nigeria, and now it was up to me to draft a new project. With pressure to complete an actual project before I leave for home on August 6, I spent the next two days in Princeton Public Library writing and editing a new proposal that was as straightforward as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment